Set #1 - 8:00am - 10:00am
1. Leonard Bernstein: Mass (1971)
Additional texts by Stephen Schwarz & Leonard Bernstein
Leonard Bernstein - conductor, Alan Titus - celebrant, The Norman Scribner Choir, The Berkshire Boy Choir
Sony, SM2K 63089
(Subtitled "A Theatre Piece for Singers, Players & Dancers". Egomaniacal kitsch? Innovative spiritual statement? The theatricality may not be that far removed from the pre-Reformation mass celebrated in the cathedrals of Europe.)
Set #2 - 10:00am - 11:00am
2. Andrea Luchesi: Sonata in due tempi in fa magg.
3. Giambattista Tagliasassi: Sonata a due tastadure in sol magg.
4. Giambattista Tagliasassi: Adagio in re min.
5. Ignazio Spergher: Sinfonia in do magg.
6. Ignazio Spergher: Pastorale in re magg.
7. Girolamo Schiavon: Allegro maestoso in do magg.
8. Niccolò Moretti: Sonata ad uso sinfonia in re magg.
9. Niccolò Moretti: Sonata ad uso elevazione in fa magg.
10. Giambattista Botti: Toccata in re min.
11. Gaetano Nave: Sinfonia in do magg.
12. Gaetano Nave: Sonata ad uso orchestra in do magg.
Amedeo Aroma - organ
Settecento Organistico Trevigiano: Sonate e Sinfonie per organo
Rivoalto, CRR 9811
(Yes, the whole CD! Played on a historic 1787 organ in the church of St. Leonard in Treviso, Italy. A collection of keyboard pieces composed in the late 18th-early 19th century, orchestrated on pipe organ. The avant-garde of its time, distancing itself from the excesses of the Baroque.)